Hey guys!!! Wants to know about the Ration Card, no worries at all!! Here is the article which gives you the complete information of Ration Card. Why late!!!! Have a look at this article.
A Ration Card is an essential and important document for every Indian citizen in India. It is issued by the State Government to its citizen as per the public distribution system and mainly used in India for purchasing essential commodities from Fair Price Shops/Ration Depots. The Sarkari Ration Depots mainly distribute subsidized food i.e., wheat, sugar, edible oil and fuel like kerosene etc. The LPG connection also requires Ration Card in some states of India.
Ration Card is important document for poor people and it is also a solid proof of Identity and Residence of citizens. Now-a-days Ration Card is used as a proof for applying for Making a Domicile Certificate, Voter ID Card, Birth Certificates etc. The Permanent Ration Card (PRC) is also called Household Consumer Card (HCC).
Different Uses of Ration Card:
- Ration card can be used to buy different food grains and fuel from various rationing shops at lower prices.
- Ration cards now are issued with the photo affixed on them so it can be used as a photo identity proof by people like for opening a new bank account.
- Ration card is used by the citizens to get food grains and fuel at the time of scarcity and war in the state.
- It can be used to obtain death certificate and birth certificate from the government authorities.
- It also used to obtain other legal documents like driving licence, voter ID card, domicile certificate, passport and many others.
Eligibility to Apply for a Ration Card:
- The applicant’s family should not hold ration card in any other state.
- They all should be citizens of India.
- The applicant and his or her family must be cooking and living separately.
- The applicant and their family members must be close relatives.
Situations When a Citizen can apply for a Ration Card:
There are different situations when a person can apply for a ration card. Those are mentioned below:
- A citizen who does not hold ration card can apply for a new ration card for his or her family.
- In case if the applicant is shifting or getting transferred from one state to another then he or she needs to submit the old ration card and obtain a surrender certificate and then apply for a new ration card in the other state.
- In case if the applicant has lost his or her ration card then he or she can apply for a duplicate ration card.
- In case if a couple got married then a new name has to be added in the ration card.
- In case of a child birth the name of the child has to add in the ration card.
- In the case of the death of a family member the applicant has to apply for the deletion of the name of the deceased family member.
Types of Ration Card:
There are three types of ration card which are issued by the state government based on the economic condition of the people. The three categories are:
- Above Poverty Line (APL): This type of cards is issued to the people whose annual income is more than Rs 10,000. They are not liable to obtain food grains and fuel from the rationing shops at lower prices.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL): This type of cards is issued to the people whose annual income is less than Rs 10,000. They are liable to obtain food grains and fuel from the rationing shops at lower prices.
- Antyodaya Cards (AYY): This type of cards is issued to the people who are extremely poor and do not have any stable source of income.
Ration Card Tatkal Service
Tatkal Service has been started in many states to facilitate the families in need of Urgent Ration Card. Under this scheme, Applicant can obtain his Ration Card immediately from the Food or concerned issuing department.
This is all about Ration Card. I hope you have a great time with this article. Please share your suggestions and experiences with us through comments below.